Skip to content
The Guild @980
Affordable Space for Creative People
We welcome artisans, artists and other creative folks who need an affordable work space or office.
The main benefit of a community work space is the opportunity to share ideas, experience, and resources while building and expanding your business.
We now have 47 residents, and room for more!
We welcome all kinds of business ideas:
- Art & Design: Painting, Photography, Visual & Multimedia Art & Graphic Design
- Craft: Wood, Metal, Fiber, Ceramics, Glass, Imprinting, Rug Weaving, Hobbies
- Trades: Computer Repair, Electronics, Graphic Design
- Office & Professional
- Restoration Arts: Lighting, Stained Glass Repair, Leaded Glass, Upcycling, Door & Window Repair, Material Conservation
Amenities & Features
- 24 hour access.
- Plentiful heat and electricity.
- Fast Wifi from Rooftop Data, a local supplier.
- Shared kitchen/utility space.
- Natural gas, 220 volt electric, water, compressed air and extra electric and lighting is available in most spaces.
- Natural light in many spaces.
- Ability to expand your space as your business grows.
- Flexible, month-to-month leasing.
- The opportunity to sell and connect directly with the community, through an established retail location.
- The opportunity to collaborate with and grow your business with other creative individuals.
- Rent starts at $11/sf/year. Some spaces cost $13/sf/year
- A popular size is 200 square feet, starting at $185/month.
- Minimum rent is $110/month.
Possibilities . . .
- If you build artistic creations and you want a creative work space,
- If you have an idea for a small business that requires a workshop,
- If you want to explore and develop a new service or product,
- If you run a part-time business and need a site for conducting business,
- If you need an inexpensive office space
. . . The Guild @980 may be a good fit for you, your ideas, and your skills. If you think so or want to learn more, please get in touch with us.
- These are work spaces, not live/work spaces.
- We’re looking for small creative businesses. We’re not currently renting to any business that has more than one or two visitors/customers coming to the building each day.
- We don’t provide space for food production, hairdressing, tattooing, barbering, nails, makeup, music rehearsal, events, storage or for retail sales.
The Guild @980
980 Northampton Street
Buffalo NY 14211 (map)
Stop by and see us during
ReUse Action store hours
Tuesday & Saturday 9am to 4pm, or by appointment